In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one that best explains the underlined group of words.
23. The student was caught red-handed breaking the louvers. This means that the student was caught
A. while committing the offence
B. with blood on his hands
C. before the act
D. after the act
24. We knew it was a cock and bull story. This means that the story was
A. difficult to believe
B. about a cock and a bull
25. The thieves were armed to the teeth when they entered the house. This means that the thieves were
A. well trained
C. fully armed
26. Mr. Abban instructed his wife to keep an eye on their daughter. This means that their daughter should be
C. controlled properly
D. watched closely
27. The president hit the nail on the head when he complained that most of the ministers were corrupt.
A. the exact truth
B. in detail
23. A. while committing the offence
24. A. false
25. C. fully armed
26. D. watched closely
27. A. the exact truth
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence.
28. The man was disgraced in public.
29. Akosua accepted the offer.
30. Food is abundant in the rural areas.
31. Doctors have withdrawn their services.
32. By our constitution, it is obligatory to vote.
28. B. honoured
29. B. declined
30. A. scarce
31. C. offered
32. C. optional
Click the links below just once and wait for the download to start/ complete. Check your default downloads location for the downloaded file(s).
- 2017 English (Single Subject) PDF = GH¢ 3
- 2016 English (Single Subject) PDF = GH¢ 2
- 2017 French (Single Subject) Word = GH¢ 7
- 2016 French (Single Subject) Word = GH¢ 5
- HOW TO GET THE PASSWORDS
- 1990 – 2017 (ALL SUBJECTS) PDF = GH¢ 190
- 1990 – 2017 (ALL SUBJECTS) Word = GH¢ 380
- ALL PDF DOWNLOADS
- ALL Word DOWNLOADS